RE: Duplicate Postings ?

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:22:49 +0200

Frank,

I don't think the 'list owner' doesn't deserve this. There is no reason to be cynical, sending 'congratulations'.

There is no such thing as a list 'owner', just a 'list admin'. He is volunteering in doing so, and we all have our profit. freelists.org, as the name says, does this for free (at least, I'm not paying for this, and I think you ain't either). We are very lucky to be able to generate this much traffic on their systems. They are not generating these duplicates intentionally. The list admin, Steve Adams, obviously pointed the admins of freelists.org to this issue. I'm convinced they are doing their best to solve this problem, not in the last place because this is costing bandwith to them too. I'd suggest we do not start a huge thread about 'Duplicate Postings'. It won't help, on the contrary, it will only make the whole thing worse.

Best regards, Carel-Jan Engel

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 08:08 +0200, Foelz.Frank wrote:

> congrats to the list owner !
>
> Since a couple of minutes I get all the postings from the last couple of
> days again.
>
> > Frank <

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===

DBA!ert, Independent Oracle consultancy Kastanjelaan 61C
2743 BX Waddinxveen
The Netherlands
tel. +31 (0) 182 64 04 28
fax +31 (0) 182 64 04 29