RE: PCI compliance and shared Linux accounts

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:36:38 -0500

Actually it may not work, depending on how X is setup and the version of SSH/SSL installed. I have that problem right now with an older version of SSH on HPUX. Even the venerable "xhost +" gaping security hole workaround didn't work. You could try doing an "echo $DISPLAY" after the initial "ssh -X" (or "ssh -Y") and seeing if you can export that value after the su to oracle, but I doubt that'll work.

One of these days I may have enough time to figure it out...

Rich