Re: Managing developers recommendations

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:34:29 -0400

IMHO the problem is not TOAD, but your SETUP. In our environment, only production, application support have production db access. Under extreme cases developers do get access, but everything they do is logged and mines later on to see what they did. QA have their own database, which we do refresh on demand.

Having said that, we do have the luxury to afford so much hardware to isolate production from everything else, I understand that this is not true with everyone. You should look at rolling out read-only version of TOAD for production if you must.

Raj