** to outline or not to

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:47:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

   I looked at metalink note 122812.1 How to Tune a Query that Cannot be Modified. And that led to manipulate of stored outline note :

@ Note 92202.1 Manipulating Stored Outlines – this is NOT supported

It says not supported but can I assume it to be safe? Anyone had any surprises? About outline itself if it is set to be used systemwide I am sure it will have a overhead since all queries will be checked in outline. I want to know to what extent is this overhead (rough percentage?). Any other issues? Maybe a user can have stored outlines used by a onlogon trigger. Info/experience on this appreciated. Thanks