Re: DATAFILE??

From: Richard Ji <richard.c.ji_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:29:07 -0400

Stephen,

When you have a manager like that, you have to learn how to push back. In a polite way and explain to him, why this can't be done in a matter of hours and what the impact would be if this is not planned. Because a management style like that, is a diaster waiting to happen. My manager from time to time does that to me and yes, some times we have to teach them, educate them. They don't know the complexity of Oracle plus application plus etc... As a DBA manager (very much hands on) myself, I constantly have to educate my VP that the promises he/she made to customer won't happen within N (where N < 8) hours. So now they learned to come ask me first before commiting to a date.

Best Regards

Richard Ji