Re: a modest proposal

From: Janine Sisk <janine_at_furfly.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:07:28 -0700

I think it's a good idea, but would require a very committed moderator (or maybe even a team of moderators). I got the impression that Steve didn't have a lot of time to devote to moderating. If I'm right that that's the case, then maybe we could at least implement part of this idea and convince people to ignore posters they feel don't deserve answers instead of posting to complain about them?

Having said that actually makes me wonder about something else - on the DEC list did responders still send nasty-grams privately to originators who posted stupid questions? If this was allowed, did it help or hurt? And if it was not allowed, what was done when it happened?

janine