10g expdp hang/spin win32 ora-600 [504] (in testing)

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:07:36 -0400

Has anyone come across a hang/spin condition with datapump exports?

Standard Edition 10.1.0 patchset 2 (10.1.0.4) + 10.1.0.4 patch 5. w2k adv server sp4
quad xeon (PIII)

pegged 4 cpus on single user database, single database on the server running an expdp.exe job (full=y).

Shared servers are configured for this database due to VPN issues, but the expdp session is connected to a dedicated server process (thread).

receiving ora-600 [504] [address] [32] [4] [row cache objects] [10] [2] [0x0]

Since this is testing I'll hold off until next week to open an iTAR.

A hanganalyze did not yet complete.
The job still appears to be in progress, so its not completely fubared. A trace file is being generated by a backround job that appears to be a statspack snapshot.
Is it just me, or is statspack in 10g not something that is meant for usage anymore?
(wide open hole for soliciting signatures for Niall's post concerning ASH).
I've seen a perfstat.statspack.snap collide with AMM causing major amounts of grief in 10.1.0.4 on win32 at least 3 separate times
(disabled both now) and have seen at least 2 other posters here
complain about shared_pool latching issues related to that combination.

This is not how I planned to spend my afternoon. I had hoped to sneak out to a theater to catch DOOM (the movie) - not doom, return of the ora-600.

thanks.

Paul