Re: RTFM replies

From: Sanjay Madan <madan.sanjay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:47:48 +0530

U are right Marco .
What I was trying to say is that getting urself off the list should only be the last resort. Maybe consistently NOT replying to obvious questions would soon prevent such questions from being posted ? I agree that for those who have most of the answers, most questions soon become quite irritating. The solution I feel, lies with those who reply.

Just DONT reply to the obvious stuff. Also I'd tend to believe that whats 'obvious' would actually vary from person to person. Hence, eventually whats very-obvious would go unanswered. The list has to decide when leeching is actually occurring and when the obvious question is possibly a result of lack of resources. ( Though, of course, manuals would be available to one and all.)

The experience and knowledge of quite a few members on this list is quite invaluable and I wouldn't quite like to loose out on that knowledge-base because some of us just want an easy way out.

sanjay