Re: Questions about automatic memory allocations in 10g (r1 and r 2)

From: DBA Deepak <oracle.tutorials_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:43:17 +0530

Hi Mladen,
 Thanks for sharing the nice links.
 Went through the link
 http://nocoug.org/download/2004-11/Optimising_Oracle9i_Instance_Memory3.pdf  Have a query....
 It is mentioned that for dedicated server connections the PGA holds the cursor information that persists across multiple executions of the same statement such as, *bind details, data type conversion*, etc. The persistent area is de-allocated when the cursor is closed.  Before going through the doc. I knew that the cursor & other binding info. was stored in Library Cache area of the SGA. Can anyone please elaborate on this.....
 Regards,
 Deepak

--
Regards,