Re: Questions about automatic memory allocations in 10g (r1 and r 2)

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 06:25:42 +0000

On 10/21/2005 02:13:17 AM, DBA Deepak wrote:

> Before going through the doc. I knew that the cursor & other binding info.
> was stored in Library Cache area of the SGA. Can anyone please elaborate on
> this.....

That was the case with the shared server. Why do you put things in the shared memory? To share them among processes. If your connection is serviced by a dedicated server, it doesn't need to share the session information and state with any other process. The only case when such sharing is needed is when your connection can be serviced by more then one process, so the servicing processes need to share information between themselves. It's called MTS.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com