Re: DATAFILE?? now "RTFM"

From: Janine Sisk <janine_at_furfly.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:20:09 -0700

Hear, hear. I was thinking of posting much the same thing, but had not decided if my flame-proof suit was thick enough to risk it.

The way the tone of the list has been lately I would hesitate to ask nearly any question at all, because my DBA knowledge is still at a fairly low level and no matter how much effort I put into looking for the answer, my question is likely to appear trivial to Those in the Know. I also find that the less one knows about Oracle the harder it is to find the answers to problems, because one doesn't even know the right keywords to look for.

I have been on this list for quite a while and for the most part people have been supportive and helpful to everyone. The idiots (and I don't disagree that some posters have all the symptoms) generally go away when they are ignored, and I think life on this list was much better when that was the usual policy.

janine