RE: DATAFILE??

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:55:09 -0400

I think everyone would be happier here, be they beginner, intermediate, expert or oracle of all things Oracle, if people read: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Before posting a question.....

-Mark

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org on behalf of Gogala, Mladen Sent: Thu 10/20/2005 5:10 PM
To: 'rjsearle_at_gmail.com'; oracle-l
Subject: RE: DATAFILE??

Actually, I am interviewing for the job of Oracle of Delphi. There, I'll be giving answers to questions in the state of intoxication

caused by laurel leaves. The method used to answer questions will be called "Said Quixotically on Laurel" or SQL, for short.

Second, I am not protesting against beginners, my outrage is directed at lazy idiots who ask questions like "how does

Oracle allocate space". Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that this has been mentioned in the manuals once or

twice. I hope you will not be offended if I tell you that I prefer posts of Jonathan, Cary, Niall, Mogens and the gang to yours.

I don't really care whether you think that this list is an online manual or not. I only noticed an increase in the proportion

of trivial questions at the expense of interesting discussions. I hope that your feelings are not hurt as I will suffer horribly

if they are. If you really want to make the grade, let's compare the number of questions that I gave a useful answer to with

the number of questions you gave a useful answer to. If this list becomes a forum for trivial questions, I'll unsubscribe,

as simple as that. I will do that if and when I chose so. Until then, think of me before you ask a trivial question.

It might help cool you down. I am not running for the miss congeniality, you had me confused with Sandra Bullock. I don't

give a shoe what you think of me. Have a nice day.

--

Mladen Gogala

Ext. 121

The spin starts here. For the no spin zone on the spinning planet go to that idiot on the Fox News (Stephen Colbert).

From: rjsearle_at_gmail.com [mailto:rjsearle_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:17 PM To: oracle-l

Wow, I wondered if this would generate some discussion...

I think a certain balance is required. In the left corner we have a newbie who doesn't know about http://tahiti.oracle.com. In the right corner, we have the Oracle (no not the product, nor the company, THE Oracle, you know? The one who has seen, done and read it all and is only to be disturbed by Larry himself and only about the most grave technical matters?

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Oct 20 2005 - 12:00:15 CDT