GMT timezone - login trigger

From: Fedock, John (KAM.RHQ) <John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:02:25 -0400

Looking for some advice regarding timezones. On my HP-UX servers, I have serveral databases running (v8-v10). I want one of those databases to run at GMT time - for storing sysdate, etc, The TZ=EST5EDT at the server level.
The database is already setup for GMT time, verified by the following: select dbtimezone from dual
DBTIMEZONE

GMT
According to the notes on Metalink, the above only applies to columns defined as "timestamp with timezone". A check of the date shows the server time being used (select sydate from dual). It looks like my only option is a login trigger does an "alter session set time_zone=dbtimezone;" Any other ideas? The database in question for this is a 9.2.x Thanks.

John Fedock
K Line America, Inc.
john.fedock@ us.kline.com

--