Re: DATAFILE??

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:15:37 -0500

Richard,

> I am seeing a trend where the experts on this list is writing less and less.
> And maybe it's because they are all just too busy

If you will recall, a couple of years ago there was a rather unfortunate series of events. There were many Oracle DBAs out of work and due to the dot-com bust, some of the very best people ended up with free time on their hands. My impression is that most people today are as busy as they wish with revenue-producing activities.

   It was a great time for this list, with some real experts willing to donate significant amounts of their time, but I don't think we should beat ourselves up because there isn't a surplus of free expert time.

Dennis Williams