** anyway to create a primary key on table with duplicates that cannot be deleted

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:58:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

   I have a table under replication and corrupted with duplicates. I cannot do any update/delete operation on the table since it needs a primary key. I cannot create a primary key since duplicates exist. catch.. i tried creating index by appending rowid/rownum but no luck. Any way out of this. Cannot remove the table from replication since that needs quiescing and cannot quiese right now due to processing that will last another 4 days. Thanks for help.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 19 2005 - 13:02:09 CDT