9i install on windows 2003

From: Bryan Wells <bunjibry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:02:44 -0600

I am in process of moving a test envirionment to new hardware, SAN attached. Currently the environment is running w2k advanced server on an old dell poweredge 6400. age and disk space are the driving forces behind this move. the SA installed windows 2003 on the new envrironment. i installed oracle up to 9.2.0.5 <http://9.2.0.5> as seen in the existing environment. attempting to bring DB up via backup controlfile. why attempting? the new envirionment seems to be taking quite a bit of time to create control files. i have altered the locations of some files, and made note of them in the controlfile script and init.ora where necessary. it just seems to be painfully slow to bring this up. I do this same scenario every weekend to the existing test environment from production and once the physical restore is complete, the db startup is 5 minutes if that. Cant remember the specific Software I installed for oracal since it was on a NFS. could it be im using the wrong Oracle software, thus confusing the OS?

--

Bryan Wells
bunjibry_at_gmail.com

--