RE: bitmap join indexes

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:03:36 -0400

Ottar, I see that you are converting bitmap to rowid and are accessing CL_CENTRAL through some form of B-Tree index. Have you tried all bitmap indexes and star schema? I'm actually an OLTP guy, but the best book on the topic is "Essential Oracle8i Data Warehousing". One of the authors of the book also has an excellent website: http://www.evdbt.com.

--

Mladen Gogala
Ext. 121