hc_<sid>.dat

From: DBA Deepak <oracle.tutorials_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:44:43 +0530

Hi All,
 In my 10g DB I found files named hc_<sid>.dat in <ORACLE_HOME>\database folder on my W2K box. When I opened the file through text editor it did seem like a binary file containing a line "DO NOT DELETE OR OVERWRITE THIS FILE!!!" in the begining.
 Want to know what kind of file is this and what is it's use?  Any idea DBAs.......?

--

Regards,

Deepak
Oracle DBA