v$backup_sync_io

From: Jos <jos1992831_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:57:27 +1000 (EST)

Hi,
In the v$backup_sync_io view, there is a column call something like effective_bytes_transfer. If I am getting a low value for this column, does it indicates there is an I/O issue to the backup media or could it means RMAN is not reading blocks fast enough for the backup?
Jos

Do you Yahoo!?
Find a local business fast with Yahoo! Local Search http://au.local.yahoo.com