Re: Select any dictionary role

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 01:57:57 +0200

AFAIK and experienced, excessive access to some V$ views might cause some contention on latches. At least we experienced that in few db instances with one of our monitoring scripts. We think we hit the bug that accesing particular V$ table can lead for a long hold time of a latch. Well as V$ views are based on X$ memory structures, access to them is protected with latches. This is my understanding and that's what we've been told by Oracle support in that case.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev