RE: License Management Services

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:03:48 -0400

An "enjoyable" time. Actually the collection process isn't that bad. They need a user on each database instance called LMS & they do provide a script with the priviledges it needs. They'll also need a repository to stored all of their discovered data. The collection process runs for about a week at which time they'll ask you to export the repository and ftp it to them. After that you can expect to hear back from them in about 2 to 3 weeks with a report on what your using & where your violating your licenses. It's then up to you & your sales droid to reconcile the differences.