Re: Oracle in VM?

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:47:06 +0200

I've used all the time until I got my testlab, for Data Guard purposes.

I ran Oracle 9i in two VMWare instances, as logical and physical standby, connected to an instance on the 'host'.

Both host and guest OS's were linux. This way I had a 'network-in-a-box', very useful for demo's, instruction and feature testing.

Oracle used to provide (and maybe still provides) complete downloadable Linux/Oracle guests, to be used together with an evaluation license.

I had no issues with the setup, other than performance and memory constraints.

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===