RE: Suppress Logon Trigger for DBMS_JOB

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:32:56 -0400

Hi, I dont know if you received my previous post since I lost posting priv for some days. Theres another bug regarding oracle Logoff Triggers. Before doing Logoff Triggers, PLS READ FOLLOWING NOTE!!!! (Note:2893546.8)

Bug 2893546 OERI:[4412] when BEFORE LOGOFF trigger enabled This note gives a brief overview of bug 2893546. Affects:
Product (Component)	Oracle Server (Rdbms)
Range of versions believed to be affected	Versions < 10G
Versions confirmed as being affected	9.2.0.4
Platforms affected	Generic (all / most platforms affected)
Fixed:
This issue is fixed in	9.2.0.5 (Server Patch Set)  10g Production Base Release

Symptoms:
	ORA-600 [4412]
Related To:
	Triggers
Description
	ORA-600 [4412] can occur when there is an enabled
	BEFORE LOGOFF TRIGGER which contains a ROLLBACK statement.

Workaround:
  Do not call ROLLBACK in a logoff trigger.

This has an awful effect on DBMS_JOB engine, it provoked all my jobs to run at same time raising CPU to 100%.

Hope you find this information useful.

regards,
GAP
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Charlotte Hammond Sent: Jueves, 06 de Octubre de 2005 11:34 a.m. To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Suppress Logon Trigger for DBMS_JOB

Hi All,

We have an after logon trigger on our database. This trigger also gets fired by DBMS_JOBs whenever they run which we don't want.

Is there a neat way to prevent this? I was thinking of checking V$SESSION.TYPE within the trigger to detect the BACKGROUND processes but it seems to be null at the time the trigger fires. Another option was to check V$SESSION.PROGRAM but this was getting messy. Any better ideas?

Thanks
Charlotte

PS. Oracle 9.2

Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com