Re: dev db issues

From: Thomas Fox <belvdr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:11:43 -0700 (PDT)

Kevin,

Since you are using NOARCHIVELOG mode, you should be safe to reset the logs. This erases the redo log information, and wouldn't apply to a production databasein ARCHIVELOG mode if you wanted to retain the redo information.

Simply:

  1. shutdown immediate
  2. startup mount
  3. alter database open resetlogs

--Tom

> Hello all, I have a dev db that uses iscsi. The box lost power today and
> is now complaining about being out of sync with the redo logs
>

> ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors
>
> ORA-00314: log 2 of thread 1, expected sequence# 9134 doesn't match 9136
>
> ORA-00312: online log 2 thread 1: '/ora_base/oradata/dirx/redo02a.log'
>

> SQL> archive log list;
>
> Database log mode No Archive Mode
>
> Automatic archival Disabled
>
> Archive destination
> /ora_base/app/oracle/product/10.1/db/dbs/arch
>
> Oldest online log sequence 9133
>
> Current log sequence 9134
>

> I have never seen this in a db. Any suggestions? Could it of been from
> the power loss?
>

> Kevin O'Donnell
>
> Sr. Database Administrator
>
> Neighborcare Technology Center
>

> Cell: 443-257-3323
>
> Office: 410-534-1959
>
> e-mail: kevin.odonnell_at_neighborcare.com

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/