Re: Disk failover

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:01:30 +0200

It does work.
I am using this method for disaster recovery (DR) site using central storage (EMC) that is replicated to the DR site.

We install Oracle on two MS servers.
Then we create database on the local server. We attach drive D to the DR server and create the same database and the power down the DR server and remove drive D. When we need to activate the DR server, we just mount drive D, in the DR side of the EMC, to the DR server and reboot it.

Works fine

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel