Disk failover

From: Mike Schmitt <mschmitt_at_uchicago.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:33:48 -0500

Hi All,

Can someone please confirm for me the ability to unmount a set of disks on Server A, mount those same disks onto Server B (Same O/S, unique named disks), and bring up the database on server B. I know I have done this before, but I was just in a meeting where someone told me that you can't do this with Oracle, and that they tested it. This is with 9i by the way

Thanks