Methods for testing RMAN backups?

From: Vanessa A. Simmons <vsimmons_at_hes.hmc.psu.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:50:25 -0400

I am getting ready to apply a patch to our databases and before doing so I need to test our RMAN backups to make sure I can get them all back in case there's a problem. Plus, it's just good practice to test the backups regularly anyway (BEFORE a disaster occurs). However, I haven't ever tested my backups before and want to see how others have done this.

Thanks in advance,
Vanessa