Re: Managing developers recommendations

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 22:45:52 +0200

Yes, try this one :O)

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER block_toad_from_prod   AFTER LOGON ON DATABASE
DECLARE
  v_prog sys.v_$session.program%TYPE;
BEGIN
  SELECT program INTO v_prog FROM sys.v_$session   WHERE audsid = USERENV('SESSIONID')
    AND audsid != 0 -- Don't Check SYS Connections     AND rownum = 1; -- Parallel processes will have the same AUDSID's   IF UPPER(v_prog) LIKE '%TOAD%' OR UPPER(v_prog) LIKE '%T.O.A.D%' THEN

     RAISE_APPLICATION_ERROR(-20000, 'Toad users not allowed on PROD DB!');   END IF;
END;
/

Cheers,
Dimitre Radoulov