Re: not including temp neither undo tablespace in full backup

From: Riyaj Shamsudeen <rshamsud_at_jcpenney.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:42:54 -0500

Are you kidding ? Not backing up undo tablespace is a sure way to make sure that your backups are useless!

How can Oracle perform a) rollback phase of the instance recovery b) applying changes to undo segments during media recovery, without undo tablespace ?

Thanks

Riyaj "Re-yas" Shamsudeen
Certified Oracle DBA (ver 7.0 - 9i)
Allocation & Assortment planning systems JCPenney

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco wrote:

>Hi, meanwhile we do always a immediate shutdown.
>We have decided not to backup temp neither undo tablespaces in a full
>backup we get periodically.
>Because it can be easily recreated.
>
>Does anyone has some comment about it.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>--
>Oracle Certified Profesional 9i 10g
>Orace Certified Professional Developer 6i
>
>8 years of experience in Oracle 7,8i,9i,10g and developer 6i
>--
>http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.