Re: Unable to create SPFILE.

From: Chirag DBA <chiragdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:11:49 -0400

I put my audit_trail=os. wanted to change to DB, but unable to do that on the fly.
 SQL> alter system set audit_trail=DB;
alter system set audit_trail=DB
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02095: specified initialization parameter cannot be modified  SQL> ALTER SYSTEM SET audit_trail=DB SCOPE=SPFILE; ALTER SYSTEM SET audit_trail=DB SCOPE=SPFILE *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-32001: write to SPFILE requested but no SPFILE specified at startup

Now is it like, I startup my db with spfile and then do alter system set audit_trail=DB scope=pfile; create pfile from spfile;
 hope this should work.
 regards - chirag