RE: Solaris 10g executables - perrmissions

From: Susan White <swhite_at_lifetouch.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:52:46 -0500

George,

Is this 10g R1 or R2?

Thanks

From: "Johnson, George" <GJohnson_at_GAM.COM>

Subject: RE: Solaris 10g executables - perrmissions

Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:38:05 +0100

      Many thanks to all for the confirmation that it wasn't just me! I

went through Metalinks docs on file permissions and picked my way through

using truss with sqlplus to locate any odd file calls. I finally ended up

with this list below, it's not guaranteed to be perfect, but it at least

allowed by non-dba users to run SQLPlus without error. It's here just in

case it's useful to anyone else.

cd $ORACLE_HOME

chmod o+rx *

chmod o+r ./lib/*