RE: Licence for SQLPlus ?

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:18:50 -0400

And, another thing, you won't get a refund if you've been paying support all this time and didn't need to. I think Oracle is pretty slow to straighten out licensing issues that might result in them having to credit you. We just went round and round with an old license that was based on some kind of processing units created by multiplying cpu's by users or some crap (MPU's). Of course, it wasn't a one to one exchange.

>From Satan's minion:

"As we discussed, your current license configuration is not quite sufficient. On your production server you're currently running 4 Processors of Partitioning, 4 Processors of RAC, 2 Processors of Enterprise Edition Database and 1400 UPUs of Enterprise Edition Database. The number of Database Processor licenses must match the number of RAC and Partitioning licenses. You can bring your configuration current and save money at the same time. By migrating the 1400 UPUs to 1 Processor and purchasing 1 new Processor your license configuration will be current and you will save $ 8,800 over the next five years. I have attached a spreadsheet showing the 5 year savings along with a quote to bring the licenses current. If you have any questions about this please contact me at your convenience."

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Bureau of Information Technology
Pennsylvania Department of Health