Re: No data in the sql_address column of v$session

From: zhu chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:03:49 +0800

hi,
 Did you try to check prev_hash_value in this case? I typically query both sql_hash_value and prev_hash_value to identify the SQL that sessions are running. Sometimes like "log file sync" etc, SQL has done and waiting for something to be done. In such case we query the prev_hash_value for the actual SQL session was executing.

 On 10/4/05, arun chakrapani rao <arunrao_oradba_at_yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi Gurus,
> Is anybody facing this weird problem shown as below in
> 10.1
>
> SID SQL_ADDRESS EVENT
> ---------- ---------------- -----------------------
> 5068 C00000052B3E9BC8 log file sync
> 5074 00 SQL*Net message from
> client
> 5075 00 log file sync
> 5106 C00000055EF8B650 db file sequential read
> 5149 C00000053A3D8AA8 db file sequential read
> 5194 00 SQL*Net message from
> client
> 5223 C0000005543B1868 queue messages
> 5258 C00000055F9A7170 db file sequential read
> 5378 00 SQL*Net message from
> client
>
> I am querying the v$session to get the sql_address of
> some sessions who are generating high redo.but before
> even going there i am seeing this weird output from
> v$session where there is no value in sql_address and
> henceforth i cannot know what sql these sessions are
> running.
> Is anybody facing this kind of an issue?
> If yes do you have any solutions for this. Please do
> let me know
> I am also seeing sometimes there are no values in
> event column of v$session_wait nor v$session (Well
> based on what i have worked all these years i know
> that a session should wait on an event no matter what
> he is doing).
> if you have any solutions let me know
> thanks in advance
> Arun

> Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner now. Go to
> http://yahoo.shaadi.com

Regards
Zhu Chao
www.cnoug.org <http://www.cnoug.org>