Re: VCS instructions?

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 11:46:14 +0200

We are running Oracle 9iR2 RAC + VCS on HP. We do not have any root access and we can use all VCS commands (or at least all that I know and need) such as hastatus, hagrp, hares, etc. In addition, Veritas Cluster Manager GUI in Java is a rare example of good Java client tool and one doesn't need root privs to use it.

We had two training sessions: VCS 3.5 Suite Overview for HP-UX and VERITAS Database Edition / Advanced Cluster for Oracle 9i RAC Overview. Instructor, was excellent. He was not Veritas employer or trainer but a hands-on consultant giving training from time to time.

Btw, I would say that VCS is not an HA package but can definitely be a component of an HA system.

2005/10/6, Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>:
> List,
>
> I am starting to manage Oracle databases in a Solaris cluster managed
> by Veritas Cluster Server (VCS). Has anyone seen some type of training
> guide for an Oracle DBA in this environment?
>
> Dennis Williams

Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev