Re: How much time can save using _disable_logging on 10g

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 23:33:11 +0200

Well, you can try 10046 trace your session that you want to speed up and check what's the portion of redo log related event (like log file sync and etc.). You won't be able to gain more than that. Normally, you should expect more improvement with data loading type of work. However, I would never set it up on any of my DB's (even development) - I cannot afford to loose my time with a simple crash.

2005/10/7, Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp_at_gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> To speed process on my personal computer, ONLY FOR MY TESTING
> DATABASE, I want to use _disable_logging parameter.
> How much can I expect to save in time using it.
>
> Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev