RE: *nix vs MS

From: <Kip.Bryant_at_Vishay.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:23:21 -0700

Are you refering to "Remote Desktop Connection" that became available...not sure when. Or the clunky outbound only telnet windows comes with? Or a third party outbound only telnet? Have our windows admins been hiding something? I have never been able to telnet to a windows machine.

Kip

Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:34:46 +0100
From: David Sharples <davidsharples_at_gmail.com> Subject: Re: *nix vs MS
Sender: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
To: DGoulet_at_vicr.com
Cc: robyn.sands_at_gmail.com,
 "Oracle-L_at_Freelists. Org (E-mail)" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Reply-to: davidsharples_at_gmail.com

"And
as someone else mentioned, you can't just telnet into a MS box. You need something else like PCAnywhere or VNC."  You can if you have the telnet service running (same as linux / unix )