Re: Rule of thumb for new schema vs. new database?

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 01:35:53 +0200

New schema is the first choice, IMHO.

Give the new schema at least its own tablespace(s). Whenever there is a need for separate updates or recovery of a schema that will give you much more flexibility.

(At a relative new CT site I'm coping with a multi-multi GB dictionary managed USERS tablespace with 323 (merely identical) schema's stored in it. It's a real PITA to get everything sorted out, especially because it is a 24x7 ASP). The CTO is a brilliant developer, but a lousy DBA.

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===