RE: Moving schema from 10g on Windows to 10g AIX 5L?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 06:03:32 +1000

RE: Moving schema from 10g on Windows to 10g AIX 5L?

Mladen

I guess there are two questions here really.  Can RMAN do it?  And is it supported?  I don’t know of any technical problem that would preclude RMAN from doing this, but I am fairly sure that it’s not a supported methodology.  The supported methodology would be to upgrade your 9.2 database in situ to 10g, and then convert to Linux.

I haven’t investigated either to any detail, so take this answer with a grain of salt.  J

Pete

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"

Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA