RE: RMAN 10G compression

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:20:03 -0400

Some questions if anyone has already travelled this ground:

-How much does RMAN compress?
-Can you compress a backup if RMAN is 10G or does the target database
have to be 10G?
-Speed difference w/ compression and w/o compression

We are going to start testing. However, if someone has already tested this ground?

Also, is there a way I can cleanly move over my rman catalog information for 1 9i database target from a 9i RMAN catalog to a 10G Rman catalog.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 05 2005 - 12:23:28 CDT