Re: XML -> DDL / DML

From: Bjørn Dörr Jensen <B.D.Jensen_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 18:21:47 +0200

Hi!
Another group wants to see it relational. How to make an view on xml (oracle 8.1.7)? /Bjørn

  Bjorn,

  You could build a relational view over the xml that is loaded into the shredded tables. Is there really a need to store the data in the database more then once?

  Bjørn Dörr Jensen <B.D.Jensen_at_gmx.net> wrote:     Hi!
    I have to take a xml-document through a web-service.     Are there tools to generate table-ddl's?     The xml-document should be "converted", e.g. stored in a set of (normalized)     tables.
    Wich package can I use? Or is there an tool that convert the xml to     table-insert-scripts.

    I think I'll be able to handle solution using PL/SQL, Java or Perl. Perhaps     there something useful for this kind in JDeveloper?

    Greeting & thanks
    Bjørn

  Yahoo! for Good