Re: resync

From: zhu chao <zhuchao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 18:46:13 +0800

rsync is very cool utility. Avaliable on most major platforms. Rsync with -z works great for cross data center archive log transfer. it can be configured to sync the whole directory/filesystem. Using your own script to decide which to rsync is better, maybe. As maybe rsync will also work on some archivelog file that is still being written by archive process.

 On 10/5/05, Peter Dixon <peterdixon001_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> We are considering using "resync" to copy our archive log files to a
> remote
> machine. I am particular interested in anybodies experiences using this
> method, are there any pitfalls in using this command.

Regards
Zhu Chao
www.cnoug.org <http://www.cnoug.org>