Re: AUTOEXTEND

From: <Kip.Bryant_at_Vishay.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 13:10:58 -0700

I don't use autoextend on undo, rollback, temp, and...system tablespaces...'though I don't really have a good argument for why I don't use it on system tablespace. I monitor the status of my safety net of autoextend datafiles and also monitor diskspace so I have an idea when I'll run out of capacity and know when I've hit a certain percent utilization. Some sites script automatic creation of autoextend datafiles but so far I haven't had a need to do that (or perhaps I haven't had the nerve...).

Kip