Re: Automatic recompilations of PLSQL objects

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:25:51 -0400

On 10/3/05, Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_allegientsystems.com> wrote:

> Hmmm, for the given event level 10 is awfully strange, knowing that
> oraus.msg says the following:
>
> 10520, 00000, "recreate package/procedure/view only if definition has
> changed"
>
> // *Cause:
>
> // *Action: Set this event only under the supervision of Oracle
> development
>
> // *Comment: Changes behaviour of create or replace
> package|procedure|view,
>
> // comparing the new definition to the old prior to recreating the
>
> // object. Creation is skipped if old and new definitions match
>
> // (ie. object has not changed). No level number required.
>
> I believe that one of these two sources is wrong and there is only one
> exact way to determine which
>
> one is wrong: eeney, meeney, miney, moe, catch your event by its toe.
>
> --
>
> Mladen Gogala
>
> Ext. 121

Mladen,

Ah yes, now that the caffeine is kicking in - I'm recalling that 10520 was to skip dependency checking during a dictionary upgrade. It assumed that utlrp would be run afterwards.

This probably isn't the droid that Raj was looking for.

Paul

--
#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop
# f=ma, divide by 1, convert to moles.