Re: Q: remote_dependencies_mode Time/SIGNATURE ?

From: Tim Hall <timhall1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 07:50:27 -0700

If your application uses Oracle Forms, you'll defintely want to use SIGNATURE mode. The newer versions of Forms tend to be more fragile in terms of "panicking" after schema (package) changes, and tend to require frequent recompilation in TIMESTAMP mode. Even in SIGNATURE mode, you'll still get the occasional unwarranted ORA-4062 after a non-signature-changing change to a package.
 It seems to me there used to be a small bug in SIGNATURE mode... something like if you changed the DEFAULT value of a procedure argument, the compiler wouldn't detect this as a signature change. This was a while back so it may be fixed now.
 Hope this helps -
Tim