RE: RMAN error while backing up control file

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:28:14 -0400

Have you looked for the control file backup and found it not there? Did you check for the snapshot control file? Is it in O_H/dbs with the name you gave it?

If it your autobackup controlfile that is missing, just do a controlfile backup to the directory where you put the autobackup controlfiles so you are sure to have a copy which knows about all of the backupsets and where the datafile backups are so you won't get stuck if you have to do a restore/recovery.

Regards,
Ruth