RE: Solid State Disks for Databases

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:49:54 -0400

Niall,

    Oh I doubt that Oracle falls into the same category at the moment, but they sure could end up headed in that direction.

From: Niall Litchfield [mailto:niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 4:22 AM To: Goulet, Dick
Cc: Oracle-L
Subject: Re: Solid State Disks for Databases

On 9/27/05, Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com> wrote:

        Ugh Apple. The dinosaur that died, but forgot to fall.

That's standard for our industry. SUN, Novell, Apple all still alive and kicking with no real means of support. It's possible that Oracle is in the same boat.

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Sep 30 2005 - 09:53:10 CDT