oracle performance issues

From: raja rao <raja4list_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:24:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

We are getting several performance issues when accessing the data in oracle

it is solaris 9 oracle 9i R2. (64 bit)
2 CPU- 900 MHZ
2 GB RAM (OS RAM)   SGA: 600MB
Enough disk space (however there is only 1 HDD and split into several mount points)

The concerns are: When i try to access the data with a simple select statement :

select col1,col2,col... col5 from table X where col2='12345'; where col2 is indexed.

it is taking less than a second when i try to access 1 row. However, when i tried to pull the data around a 300-400 rows it is taking 7-8 seconds.

Our java applicatiosn are taking 10 seconds to print the data.

when i set the time on , timing on at sqlplus it is showing 7-8 seconds to present the data onto screen of sqlplus window.

when i set the pages 0 it is taking 2 -3 seconds to present the data. (no row header)

Is there any way to reduce teh time to present the data in java. the goal expected is 2-3 seconds (i got this when i set the pages 0 at sqlplus)

I am ready to proivde the statistics if any required to anybody who can help me in this.

Thanks in advance,
Raj

Yahoo! for Good

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Sep 29 2005 - 20:26:52 CDT