RE: HTML DB - here to stay?

From: Doug Gault <Doug.Gault_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:57:21 -0500

   I've had a lot of past experience with HTML-DB and have implemented at two    customer facing applications that also linked in to Oracle's Single Sign    On.

   Before I went down this road, I talked to the Oracle Product development    manager for HTML-DB (Sergio Luscenin?) and he assured me that Oracle was    devoting both human and monetary resources for further development.

   I've also heard about the RAPTOR project (fully written in HTMLDB) and am    pretty anxious to see that.

   The only thing I would add to others who have already spoken up is that    along with reasonable PL/SQL knowledge, you need to have a fair    understanding of the HTML DOM and how HTTP applications work in terms of    POST and GET. It will save some confusion later.

   Doug Gault (doug.gault_at_hotsos.com)
   Products Development Manager

   Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.

   817.488.6200 x565 Office
   214-693-3039 Cell

   From: Peter.Hitchman_at_thomson.com [mailto:Peter.Hitchman_at_thomson.com]    Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 3:31 AM    To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
   Subject: RE: HTML DB - here to stay?

   All,
   Thanks for all of the comments, my current conclusion is that it is worth    looking at HTML DB and that we should at least try to use it to replace    all those little Access based applications the people involved with this    have developed over the years.

   Regards

   Pete

   [END]