RE: Audit Trail

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) <mvergara_at_guidant.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:44:01 -0700

If the directory isn't already there, you can just create it. On my systems, I set the init.ora parameter audit_file_dest to a directory like $ORACLE_BASE/admin/SID/audit. On 10, I've noticed that the default is $ORACLE_BASE/admin/SID/adump, so that might be a good place to start.

I have audit_trail = DB on my systems, and then the audit records are in a SQL-queryable table called SYS.AUD$. There are a bunch of predefined views of this table (like DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL) that make it very easy to query.

Cheers,
Mike

Michael P. Vergara	 Be good and you will be lonesome
Oracle Database Administrator	 Mark Twain

(951) 914-2000 (Voice)
(951) 914-2990 (FAX)

www.guidant.com <http://www.guidant.com/>

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Chirag DBA Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:33 PM To: askdba_at_freelists.org; Oracle-L Freelists Subject: Audit Trail

Hi,

I want to enable simple auditing on my database.

I have started with audit_trail = OS, but the audit directory in ORACLE_HOME/rdbms is not created.

I have run the cataudit.sql.

I know that oracle does basic auditing and puts them in rdbms/audit folder.

This is windows on 9i. Any idea ???

Regards - Chirag