RE: HTML DB - here to stay?

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:29:36 -0400

I decided to use PHP instead of HTMLDB because I was unable to install it on

a normal Apache server, but had to run additional proprietary web server instead. The Apache module which is base for the product is mod_plsql. It is extremely hard to configure and install. It doesn't have a make file, configuration script or anything else of that nature. Basically, HTMLDB is a proprietary product that I cannot use without installing another web server,

which is something that I refuse to do. PHP with PEAR modules (especially QuickForms and HTML_Form) is an adequate replacement for HTMLDB. I advise you to do the same because HTMLDB may or may not live, but PHP definitely will live on.

--

Mladen Gogala
Ext. 121